Good morning dear friends! How is your summer? Have you had a chance to spend some time in the outdoors? Anya is here today and I would like to share a bunch of mini albums I created with the gorgeous Simple Vintage Lakeside collection! Last year we spent a few days on the lake with our big family, enjoying what the nature has to offer, and I wanted to record those special memories in a separate album.
After creating one album, I noticed how many fun chipboard and foam stickers are still left that would be perfect for decorating album cover, so made another one, and one more...
There's something about outdoors and lake that feels so relaxing even when you just think about it or create with that subject in mind. I must admit, I had a blast making these albums! Now I have enough mini books to give one for each family that spent time on the lake with us and let them record their memories as well.
Here are a few tips that I would like to share with you when creating a mini album:
- Set aside the patterned paper that you want to use for the cover, so that you don't use it accidentally somewhere else (speaking from experience).
- Get both 12x12 collection kit and 6x8 paper pad. This will give you a little more options and extra papers for completing an album and may let you create two albums with this amount. I used two full paper collections and a 6x8 to make four mini books.
- Trim your 3x4, 4x4 and 4x6 elements that you plan to use in your album before cutting the base pages for the mini book.
- Choose the orientation of the book based on the photos you like to take. If you like to take mostly horizontal photos, that would be the best choice for your album.
- Don't worry about fitting full 4x6 photos in your mini book. We are used to seeing small photos on our phone and Instagram and the best part about mini books, you may fit a lot of photos it it!
- Make sure to add pockets, they can hold memorabilia, fun notes and extra photos.
- Want to use photos that didn't turn out that great? Use a photo flip with a better photo on top and extra photos inside.
- By using a large brad on the spine of the book, makes it really easy to find the book you want when they stand in line on the shelf.
Thank you for visiting Simple Stories blog and make sure to come back soon for more inspiration.